10 Aug 2017

Alice in Wonderland Keepsake Display


I have always loved Alice In Wonderland, so I was very excited when I heard that there was a new immersive play happening at Waterloo Vaults. We went to see it as a pre birthday gift for myself! It was absolutely brilliant! Wheelchair users had to take a different route to everyone else, but I did not miss out on too much. It was great fun, apart from being soaked by Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum! 
I have a lot of Alice stamps and whatnots, so I decided to make this little keepsake display box so 
I would always remember my happy day. I found this box at the Ally Pally craft show last April.


I used pages from an old Alice book to line the little cubby holes, and for the inside roof I used the cover of the theatre programme, which featured alice falling down the rabbit hole. I used Indigoblu's gorgeous Grandma's Teacup acrylic paint to cover the outside of the box.


I stamp and heat embossed white roses down the sides of the roof.



To decorate the inside of the roof I stamped Alice and the White Rabbit onto shrink plastic, and then I gave them a drink from the bottle marked "drink me" and they both magically shrunk! The White Rabbit peeped out of the heart which I had outlined with a red glitter pen, and Alice sat on the shelf with the bottle, the Mad Hatters hat and a badge.


In the first cubby hole sits a rose made of book pages and of course it had to quickly be painted red, so the paint inevitably drips over the side, the Queen of Hearts is overseeing the whole event. Tea is then taking place with a stamped teapot and cup on shrink plastic, and the all important jam tarts made of chipboard and then painted. The third cubby hole has a cover from a little Alice bar of soap which I had. 


The fourth cubby hole has a shrunken stamped Alice with a special clock which I cut out from the programme. The fifth cubby hole holds a special real postage stamp, it was produced for the year of the child in 1979.Sitting in the six cubby hole is Humpty Dumpty.I made him with paper clay, it is only the second time I have used paper clay, it has a very different texture to regular clay. I made the wall with chipboard and texture paste. 




The last line of cubby holes features a picture cut from a tag that came with an Alice umbrella, a raven badge given out at the theatre, some pictures fussy cut from an Alice quiz game, and the final cubby hole has some words cut from my Ace of Clubs travel permit card which I was handed at the beginning of my Alice Underground experience.

I hope you have enjoyed visiting Alice and myself today, if you are coming to London this summer I highly recommend Alice Underground.

I would like to share this with the following challenges.






That's Crafty Anything But A Card

13 comments:

  1. Your keepsake box is absolutely beautiful and magical with each little window so individual, I am sure it took you ages to make but worth every moment. Thanks you so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you too enjoyed the Alice Underground show - DD has been twice, I have yet to go :( Beautiful keepsake display x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful keepsake box, love how you have created little scenes with your stamps and keepsake pieces
    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a mesmerizing trip through Alice in Wonderland. It's so well done, I keep going back to find things my eyes didn't catch the first time. Thank you for entering it on the EC Dares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous keepsake box that you have decorated with Alice in Wonderland theme! This must have been so fun to put together! I'm delighted you have shared this with us at Frilly and Funkie for my 'Read Any Good Books Lately' challenge! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone luvs Alice so much detail must have taken forever to make you must have a lot of patience

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous collection of trinkets and curios, a shrine to everything Alice. Thank you for sharing this beautiful time piece with us all over at That's Crafty and joining the *Anything but Cards* Blog Challenge. Best Wishes Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jannet, your joy of experiencing this comes through in every detail of the piece! I love the little cubbies for your amazing treasures! Gorgeous altered work. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jannet this is a brilliant way of commemorating a timeless classic. You've captured the magic and quirkiness in abundance with every well thought out element. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project. I love all the detail. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome project! So many eye-catching details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Fabulous creation. Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye